Montag, 12. April 2010

Salted Cherry blossoms, Tea jelly and a package

First thing to report about is my Wichtelpaket (I don't know what it's called in english). It arrived on sunday, but I forgot taking pictures. It contained a card with greetings, a little bag with easter chocolate, a coconutwater-drink, some kind of strawberry cake (I think it's rather cookies), three different sorts of crackers, and a chicken or so. Well, I don't like crackers XD" But I'll try them all, and if I really don't like them I'll feed them to Thym XD And I don't know what to do with the.. chicken... my room is overly full, I don't have the space to show it... Anyhow, the person who send the package couldn't have known this. But I really want to know how the coconutwater-drink tastes.

Second thing is, I tried making tea jelly on sunday, using lil'chans recipe. First try totally failed, it tasted like wobbly water... So for the second try I used two teabags and twice the amount of sugar. It really is tasty like this and has a nice and appetizing colour. I'll do it again XD It has a really funny wobbling texture (I poked it a lot only to see it wobbling XD ), but isn't as overly sweet as the stuff ("Wackelpudding") one can buy in stores.
Third thing (or rather second thing in cooking-related) are my salted cherry blossoms. I asked the guy in the next street if he would allow me to pick blossoms from his tree. How to make the salted cherry blossoms (and also salted cherry leafs), you can read at nekobento or the wagashi-maniac-blog (I used the wagashimaniac-method, cause nekobentos failed last year). Now they're in the fridge, lets see how long I'll leave them in there...

Lil'chans tea jelly:
http://lilys-kleiner-bentoservice.blogspot.com/2009/09/happy-harvest.html
Nekobento salted sakura:
http://www.nekobento.com/?page=sakurablueteneingelegt
wagashimaiac salted sakura:
http://wagashi-net.de/blog/wagashimaniac/2010/04/shio-sakura/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen